Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Hannam dorm life


What do you think about dorm life? You probably think it is a free and fun life, don’t you? I have been living in a dorm for about five months. My dorm life is very exciting, and it is full of memorable experience. In Hannam University, there are three different dormitories. And I am staying in the “new” dormitory, so I’ll tell you about my dorm life.

The new dormitory is a 10-story-building. Four students live in one room which has a toilet and a shower. Although living with three other people is less comfortable than being in my own home, there are some exciting things. For instance, dancing secretly, eating midnight meals, and watching movies with the sound turned up loud. Other fun things are coming into the dorm at 11:00, sleeping in another room, and meeting your lover on the stairs. In particular, the 11:00 curfew is a really big deal. If you want to have a party, and if you miss the 11:00 curfew -- and 12:00 last time when the door opens -- you have to choose an all-night party, which earns you some demerit points which harm your chance to stay in dorm.
 
The laundry
 Other places in the dorm are the laundry room and the public toilet. Since this dormitory has no rest room, we use the laundry room as a play room. The laundry room is both our dining room and meeting room. In the laundry, we dance and talk and talk, and eat some cookies. And the public toilet is source of the tissue which is used in the private toilet. We don’t like to buy tissue using our own money, so we take some tissue from there. 
The toilet
Lastly, this dormitory’s hot place is the terrace. The terrace is made of wood, so you can feel comfortable there. So, you can see many lovers at night on the terrace. But you should be quiet there, because it is connected with the Global House where foreign professors live. That place is a smoking place, also. Because the dorm rules forbid smoking in the dorm, you should smoke outside. If you are found smoking in the dorm, you should prepare to pack.
The terrace
According to the dormitory rules, if you get 10 demerit points, you can’t stay there anymore. It is a very important thing, so you should not overlook the dormitory rules and should observe them. I knew a person who was in this situation, so I know that it will be really hard work for you. Therefore, the only thing that you can do is to watch your demerit points!

When I first started living in this dorm, I was very nervous and uncomfortable. But, after I adapted to dorm life, I realized that there is no place that gives us the same chance of making close friends, sharing useful information, and increasing the time spent on campus. And I can experience new culture and learn how to socialize efficiently. Once you’ve lived in a dormitory, you can understand what I’m saying. Listen up, boys and girls! Here is a dorm where you can get a memorable campus “dorm” life.

-- Vicky Lim

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous! Your dorm is so wide and new! But what made you uncomfortable? Just by looking at it, I could relax in my room all day! =D

    Chad Lewis

    ReplyDelete